CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sometimes I think about the things I miss out on...

The days pass, and each year I always have that empty hole at the bottom of my stomach. I realize that I don't get to do the things normal teens get to do. I never went to a football game, never to a high school dance, and kept myself away from clubs that struck my interest.

I can't help but to cry when I think about it. My parents are constantly on the move I don't think I've lived in a single house for more than 2 years. I am struggling through my teenage years, with nothing but books, and colleges to worry about. I never get to just go out and have fun. I am not allowed to screw up.

I am a Stepford daughter. Apparently, I can do no wrong. I bring home a grade any less than a B and I get the largest guilt trip anybody can possibly muster onto another. But for the rest of my siblings, it's good job I'm so proud. Yes, both my parents boast on how intelligent I am for a 2 months premature baby. But really what does that have to do with anything?

All I want is 2.5 more years of being a teenager. I don't want to miss out on things that will never happen once I graduate. I don't want my parents to force me into a field that I don't want to be in. I'm interested in the arts gosh darn it. I am not teacher, lawyer, or any of that other crap they seem to think I want to be!

I think about my life when I go to bed and how much I've missed out on because of the constant relocation and how I maybe affected in the long run and I could sit there and cry cry like a baby. But it won't ever do me any good and I know this but the only thing that I have to turn to is my writing. But sometimes I can't even bare to write.

Hope ALL is well,
God Bless,
Hugs Not Drugs,
Mercedes =)

0 obiter dictums/ comments: