I have decided to critique a web page on Mr. William Shakespeare instead of Romeo and Juliet ;( WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT?*..) anyways being as how I never read the book I couldn't possibly see how I could critique something by other people's biased opinions and reviews, haven't no clue as to what to believe having no opinion made yet! I decided to choose the site www.bardweb.net which I found on the Google search engine.
This site www.bardweb.net has given me information beyond a reasonable doubt and personally I was surprised to say the most although still the very least. First this site provided me a slight bit of information about the site itself and then proceeded with different links such as: Shakespeare's biography; Shakespeare's Works; Shakespeare's Language; Shakespeare's Will; Authorship debate; The Globe Theatre; Shakespearean Study; Reading List; Theatre Companies; and other links involved with Mr. Shakespeare. As I continued to click on the various links I found information that I never knew before (well duh...) anyways, here I am quoting a specific detail in which I read and found mildly interesting: " For the seven years following the birth of his twins, William Shakespeare disappears from all records, finally turning up again in London some time in 1592. This period, known as the "Lost Years," has sparked as much controversy about Shakespeare's life as any period. " I like interesting mysterious stuff and this I guess fit the bill. Some of the links took me to read some of his other works, this simply believe showed how diverse Shakespeare's works are, from his 154 Sonnets, to his Comedic plays and Tragic works. Personally since I am a fan of well written sonnets I enjoyed these above all. Another thing about this web page that I liked was that the author of this webpage had a guide on how to decipher Shakespeare's language into our English today (which is not very good). I also liked how they gave you links to other things like theatres ,debates, and many other Shakespearean things you could only dream to discover!
Overall, I'd give this site an 8/10 because of its structure and ability to keep me hooked, wondering, and informated about Mr. William Shakespeare. I really learned a lot. I would give it a 9 but the pop ups were driving me mad and I don't like them so ergh..... Other than that the page was a beautiful, informational,perfect place for me to expand my feeble yet fertile mind in the world of Shakespeare. <3
* whats' love got to do with it= "P.K."'s Romeo and Juliet aka
*P.K.,
Don't let your students get ya' down this blog thing was actually a good idea. For once I actually don't mind HW, even if it did make my compuer move as slow as a very injured snail. Well let's not think of such things. But don't ya' worry there are some of us in the world that know you are trying but there are some idiotic "cowards" that won't give things like these blogs a chance and are just spoiled rotten little brats..don't get me started. But anyways I like it and just thought you should know not all of us are anti-p.k.!..................Haha just for a laugh
~Miss Mercedes~
Monday, March 10, 2008
Teachers vs. Shakespeare....The world collides!
Inscribed by ☆Merrrcedes☆ at 1:23:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 obiter dictums/ comments:
Your critique was EXACTLY what I was hoping for! THANK YOU Miss Merc. Your score - 50/50, an A+. You obviously did your homework and reading. Very informative. I have to check out the website you found. Pat on the back to you!
I love Selena too...
Post a Comment